Me Laure Heinich, lawyer for the former CEO of the Assu 2000 group, Jacques Bouthier, said Friday, June 24 to theAFP
“media treatment” and the
« reports fallacious” on the accusations of rape of a minor targeting his client.
“What we can read borders on bad faith”
The secrecy of the investigation and the need to respond to the judges before possibly explaining myself to the media, prohibits me from speaking out and allows a wave of misleading reports to flourish.denounced the lawyer in a statement to theAFP.
I am appalled by the media’s treatment of Jacques Bouthier’s affair, which yields to spectacle, without measure, without serious investigation, without relation to the reality of the case.did she say.
What we can read borders on bad faith and, in this sense, serves any public debate that it would nevertheless be up to the media to ensureshe says again.
The 75-year-old entrepreneur was indicted on May 21 with five other people, in particular for human trafficking and rape of a minor, following a preliminary investigation opened in mid-March.
He is also being prosecuted for criminal conspiracy to commit the crime of kidnapping and kidnapping in an organized gang, as well as possession of child pornography images.
An open investigation
An investigation has also been opened into his activities, in particular for misuse of corporate assets to the detriment of the Vilavi group, the new name of Assu 2000 since January.
According to a source close to the file quoted by the radio RTLwhich broke the case, a 22-year-old woman presented herself to police in Paris in March, explaining that for five years she had been
captive of a wealthy man who raped her.
Becoming, in his words,
too old for himthe young woman would have been forced to find a
substitute to take over. A 14-year-old girl then took her place in the apartment.
The complainant managed to film them together in a bed, before entrusting the video to the investigators.
The ex-CEO is suspected of having wanted to set up a team to kidnap the young woman, recover the video and force her to leave France.
Four women have also announced in Morocco to file a complaint against Mr. Bouthier, testifying during a press conference to a climate of trivialized sexual harassment against a background of job blackmail in his company. The Vilavi group has announced the launch of a
independent audit on the subject.