With the coronavirus pandemic, several French men and women have decided to change their lives. In fact, many people have resorted to professional retraining. These changes have several reasons, either because of the various sectors that have ceased to function, or simply thanks to the various confinements, people have found new things they like. Are you part of this group of French people who have changed jobs and therefore want to change your insurance? In this article we will show you how it is now possible.
Change your insurance after professional retraining
Since 2005, your insurance company has been involved the obligation to remind you end of your current contract before the end date. It is possible to change your insurance after one year of contract with any structure in France. With article L113-16 of the Insurance Act, you can change the insurance at any time for the following reasons:
- One of dretired art
- A permanent cessation of your activity
- A change of profession
- A change of residence
- Change in marital status
Change of insurance is free in most cases, and it is easy to do. There are several steps you need to take to change insurance when making a career change. Below we present the different steps you need to follow to easily switch insurance companies:
- Declare your change: In order to change insurance, you must have a reason and declare your position. For example, you want to change insurance company for the following reason: a profession.
- Writing a Registered Letter with an Acknowledgment of Receipt: In this letter all the details should be given such as the closing date.
- Preferably give notice 1 month before the end of the contract
After doing your request for termination of the contract, the insurance company is obliged to respond to you and has no right not to accept your request. Especially for people who have changed professions, it is possible for them not to wait until the end of the first year to change the contract. So you can get a new insurance company at any time of the year.
How do you choose your insurance?
Choosing yours new insurance, it is important to pay attention to the different information. Before signing a new contract, it is better to know the following things:
- The different types of insurance and the different companies: find out about the companies and what types of insurance they offer
- The different offers: it is important to read the different offers thoroughly in order to compare the contracts and thus be able to choose the one that suits you
- Additional Warranties: in addition to the additional warranties, please also read the exclusions of warranties. Make sure everything is mentioned in the contract before you sign it, because once it’s fixed, you won’t be able to change it afterwards in case of a problem.
- The quality of after-sales service: After-sales service is a very important element in determining whether you are listened to as a customer. If the after-sales service is good, then it is a structure that stands by the customers’ service regardless of the need.
- Deductible: you must be aware of the different costs of excess, because with some insurance companies the price is not mentioned at the start.
The choice of insurance is a moment often complex and it takes time with the various proposals, but it is important to get the best possible contract so that you are well insured. There are several insurances in France, and you can e.g. choose Hiscox which offers a good after-sales service to private customers.