Anyone still using an older version of Windows on their laptop will soon be unable to update their Google Chrome browser to the latest version. This was announced by Google itself.
What is it about ?
- The latest version of Google Chrome is 109.
- On February 7, 2023, the company will release a new version called Google Chrome 110.
- This version will only be available to users using Windows 10 or later.
- As a result, Google will no longer support Windows 7 or 8/8.1 users starting January 10, 2023.
- However, users of this older version of Windows will be able to continue using the Chrome browser. But they will no longer receive updates and new versions. They may also encounter security issues. The updates are specifically intended to close security vulnerabilities in Chrome.
- Google had originally planned to make this change already in June 2021, but due to the health crisis it postponed it first to January 2022 and then to the beginning of 2023.
What is the solution?
Those who want to continue using the latest secure version of Google Chrome should update their Windows to Windows 10 or even higher.